Open a Branch in the Philippines
A branch is an extension of a foreign companies carrying out undertakings in another country following the rules of that country, in this case the Philippines. Our company formation advisors in the Philippines can offer more information on the establishment of a branch office.
We also invite you to watch our video on how to establish a branch in the Philippines:
Requirements for setting up a Philippines branch office
The requirements to open a branch office in the Philippines depend on the activities of the parent company. With respect to that, an important aspect which must be taken into consideration is the share capital of the branch. The following amounts are required, based on the activities of the Philippines company:
- when registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the minimum amount required is 200,000 PHP;
- in the case of IT branch offices with maximum 50 employees, the amount is reduced to 100,000 PHP;
- for other activities, the branch needs the minimum share capital of 5,000 PHP.
The foreign company must also appoint a local agent to complete the Philippines company formation process. Another requirement is related to the license which must be obtained with the SEC.
Our company registration agents in the Philippines can explain if other requisites apply in terms of branch office incorporation.
Documents related to registering a branch office in the Philippines
Foreign companies are required to file the following documents with the SEC upon the opening of a Philippines branch:
- the prescribed form issued by the SEC;
- the proof of the name reservation;
- the notarized copy after the foreign company management board’s decision to create the branch office;
- the notarized financial statements of the parent company for the last year;
- the incorporation documents of the branch office;
- the registration data information;
- the proof of depositing the share capital;
- the documents through which the local representative of the branch is appointed.
For assistance with the registration of a branch office, please contact our company registration experts in Philippines.